Saturday, April 30, 2011

Take The Flats And Hand Washing Challenge

Just doing some random blog reading the other day.  It started as it usually does where I just googled some topics that interest me, and searched ‘family cloth’ (family cloth will be discussed another time), and I discovered this cloth diapering Mamma’s blog Dirty Diaper Laundry in particular I read with great interest this post Take The Flats and Handwashing Challenge I understand that money is tight for lots of people at the moment, but can you imagine my shock when I read the article that some families resort to reusing disposable diapers.  Could you imagine reusing a disposable diaper?  Could you imagine making a little baby sit in a dirty diaper one second longer than they need to, because money is that tight?  Just keeping diapers on babies is hard for some families.  I didn’t know this as my little guy is 10 years old, and hasn’t been in diapers for a long time.  So in reading Kim’s blog I was happy to read that she had a call for action.  That she had a challenge.  That she was trying to educate people that there are options.  You don’t have to use disposable diapers.  You don’t have to use a diaper service or pre-fold fabric diapers.  You can save money, and not have to keep buying disposables.  Please check out the link above to read about the Flats and Hand Washing Challenge May 23 – May 30.  I will not be able to 100% join in the challenge, but I will be doing my part, and hand washing a couple loads that week and hanging them to dry.  Kim has some great videos and resources to help get you all ready for that challenge.  The very least please check it out.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I came across a blog teaching the oil cleansing method a few months ago. I went looking for castor oil in local pharmacies. In my experience castor oil is used as a very old fashioned cure for constipation. You can imagine the looks on the staffs faces when I was making my enquiries! I think it is fascinating that oil can clean oil. I'm not the most consistent person and tend to flit from new thing to new thing but I think I will hunt out my little bottle of oil mix this week and have another go at it.

Crunchy Diva said...

i love my oil mixture. i still find it amazing that i need my moisturizer after cleansing...lol. good luck with your oil mix & post back so i know how it goes.