Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm a very artistic person & always have ideas roaming around in my head.  I love to paint with acrylics & do abstract paintings.  I also love to make things. 

Right now I'm really enjoying knitting.  I also am very interested in recycling items & upcycling.   So last week it was pointed out to me that the bath mat in my bathroom was looking dingy.  So I did wash it, but it didn't get it as clean as I would like.  So I turned to google to see what I could find.  Well I discovered this blog Cocoknits with a Rag Bath Mat tutorial knitting a bath mat out of recycled sheets.  I had to give this a try.  I had an old double sheet, which I tore into strips & then made into a ball of fabric yarn.  I knitted this pattern as written.  Mine didn't turn out as perfect as this one, but I'm still happy with it & will post a pic of it tomorrow.  I thought this was a great way to pair two things I enjoy knitting & recycling.  I'm going to make another for my kitchen as I have enough sheets kicking around.

2 comments:

Glass Redefined said...

I think this is a fabulous idea!! A few years ago I braided old towels into a rug, which turned out nicely but, I am going to try this!!!

Looking forward to future ideas :)

Crunchy Diva said...

Well silly me i took great pics of it with my camera get to work & didn't have the right cord to upload the pics to my work computer ~sigh~ part of this is because my home computer is so old that the usb drive doesn't work any more, but in my mind it is still functional meaning i can turn it on ~sigh~ stay turned i'll have the pics up tomorrow.