Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pictures Bath Mat & Fabric Yarn

Woo hoo I actually brought the right cord to download my pictures.  On my camera were also some pictures that I took over the summer.  My boyfriend is really into photography & we spent one day on an old steam ship the Moyie which used to run on the Kamloops Lake.  I tried my hand to take some art pics I'm really happy with SOME of them.  I'll post some of them later.
Here are the pics of my rag rug.  It's made out of a recycled bed sheet.  I like the look of it & I love how it feels under my feet.  I am aware there is a misake in the pattern ~shhhh~...lol.  This was my first time knitting a cable & first time knitting with fabric so I didn't feel comfortable unknitting that to fix it.  I do plan on making another of these mats so I'm sure that one will turn out better.
This is all the fabric I bought to turn into fabric yarn at some point.  I used two & last night I started on my fabric yarn.
Here are all the strips that I pulled apart in two piles.  
I'm alternating between the two when spinning.  The actually spinning is being done on a size #15 knitting needle & it takes a bit to get the hang of it...lol.  So once I get that all spun I will then have to ply it.  I'll use embroidery thread that I have on hand & add some more contrast colour at that time.  This is not a fast process, but very cool. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your rag rug....looks very nice :)

Jill

Crunchy Diva said...

Thanks a lot. It was fun & fast to knit up. I'm going to do another without the mistake in it ;)

Gallery32 said...

That's a really cool looking rug! I like that you recycled bed sheets. Thanks for sharing :)

Crunchy Diva said...

@gallery your welcome! once you have the sheets torn & then rolled into a ball the actual knitting of the rug goes very fast.

Annette said...

Your rug looks great...the mistake gives it character!!!! My new motto is 'imperfect is the new perfect', lol!!!

Crunchy Diva said...

@ Annette i love it. imperfect is my perfect too ;)