Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Baby, My Creation, My First Attempt At Choreography

Well I'm sure all of you are just sitting around your home waiting with baited breath to not only hear about my solo, but see a video as well!  Well you don't have to wait any longer...lol.

So a little bit of info the choreography was all done by me, myself, and I.  So if I don't like the dance I have no one to blame but myself.  If you don't like the choreography well I guess you can complain to me...lol.  This was my very FIRST belly dance solo.  Well actually I guess the Belly Dance police would call it a fusion as I didn't use Middle Eastern music.  Trust me there is a Belly Dance police out there...lol, and they are very vocal, and VERY opinionated.  I'm happy that my teacher is okay with fuisng Belly Dance with other styles of music!

So as I said this is my first solo, my first taste at choreography.  I noticed while watching the video I did make a few mistakes, and chest isolations need some work on them.  At one point i was to be doing a hip circle, and bending my knees going straight down, and ooops almost fell over.  Other than a few things I know I could do better I'm pretty happy with it.

Saturday night was fun, but the crowd was soooo quiet.  It is considered good manners at a hafla to cheer, clap and make lots of noise.  The dancers actually feed off of it.  Other than the little girls my solo got some of the loudest response from the crowd.  I have to admit it is a very different feeling to be up there all by myself on the stage. 


Well I hope you guys enjoy it, and if not then oh well....lol.
So the music is Harry Belafonte, 'Jump in the Line.'
Belly Dance

11 comments:

Ariel said...

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! You go girl!! I know next to nothing about belly dancing but I do love that song and you danced to it beautifully.

Crunchy Diva said...

hehehehe thanks! i had fun!

Anonymous said...

BRAVA!!!! Well done my dear, well done. I've always admired how you women get your hips to do such things. Wonderful job. Love Harry! How can you go wrong with Harry, good choice. Tammy

Crunchy Diva said...

@ tammy thanks! yeah i LOVE harry. i want to do a dance to 'Turn the World Around' the version he did on the muppet show lol.

Linda said...

How much fun is that!!! Great song to go along with your great dance.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

You did great! I would not have the guts to get up there! Good for you, you looked great and I like that song to. Makes me always think of Beetlejuice at the end when they are all dancing on the stairs. oh my mind wanders.
Congrats really though! You were great.

Meeling said...

Good for you!! I think I'd rather go get a root canal than get up on stage dancing in front of a room full of people...way to go!!!

BTW...love that song!

Crunchy Diva said...

hehehe thanks everyone. it is funny how many people know that song from Bettle Juice. I found I had to keep telling a lot of the younger dancers who the artist was...lol.

Natural Momma said...

YOU ROCK and I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!

Heather J said...

Great job! I know nothing about belly dancing but you look great.

Crunchy Diva said...

thanks everyone :)