Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Personal Murphy's Law

Image from stupendoustidbits.wordpress.com

There are things in my life that just happen.  It doesn't matter what I do.  These are my personal Murphy's Laws that just seem to hapen in my life.  These are in no particular order:

~ If I have two electrical cords near each other they will find each other, give each other a hug tangle.
~ If I put off organizing my storage closet I will need something at the very back of it in the biggest box, and then said item would be at the bottom of said box ~sigh.~
~ If I need a plastic container for leftovers I'll only have one left unused, and I won't be able to find the lid for it.
~ If my son is at his Dad's, and Chris is working, and I have a rare day to myself to be crafty, creative, read just do whatever I want I'll end up fighting a cold, and just want to sleep all day.
~ If I wear my Ipod the wires from the ear phones will actually conspire against me, and tie themselves into a knot.  How the heck can they tie themselves into a knot while I'm WEARING them...lol.
~ If I decide the day will be warm, and I send my son to school wearing a hoody it will be cold, windy, and often rain.
~ If I think the day will be cool, and dreary, and send my son to school in pants, and a coat the weather will turn out to be hot, and sunny.
~ If I'm feeling sick, but still decide to go to work with the intention of taking the afternoon off my co-worker will have called in sick which means I'm stuck at work for the rest of the day.
~ If an order from Etsy doesn’t make it to me, and the Seller kindly resends it Canada Post will go on strike…lol
~ When I think I know what 1/2 a yard or fabric works out to be I'll be out by double that amount...lol.
~ If I say there is chicken in the freezer no one but myself can seem to find it….lol.
~ If I say the Indian Spices are on top of the Kitchen Cabinets no one but myself can seem to find them.
~ 99% of my son’s baseball games fall on days that I have dance class, and with a Performance on June 18, I’m obligated to be at dance class for practice.
~ If I play a joke on a co-worker they will take it SO seriously they will imply I’m a thief (long story) I’m really not people just need a sense of humour.

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Life is just one ball o' fun after another, isn't it???

*lol* @ your list!

Crunchy Diva said...

@ impera_magna oh yeah it is...lol.

Linda said...

When I was little, it started raining the day my daddy went on vacation....every year! And we always went camping and fishing.
It got to be a joke. If we needed rain, someone would suggest my daddy go on vacation!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I think we could all make up a similar list, I hope your cold goes away soon.
I find a lot of people at work places can be too serious. Work is such work nowadays, its like you are not allowed to have any fun while there! I even try to tell a joke and people just clam up at my work. Good luck with the coworker.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohh you are funny!! This gave me a good laugh :)

Anonymous said...

Murphy's Law is always in action. It would seem that the saying "if it's not one thing, it's another" definitely rings true!

Sounds like you have the summer cold everyone else is getting, same on this end. Feel better soon! Hugs~M

Natural Momma said...

Stupid Murphy's Law. This seems to be my life with a different set of Murphy's Results. LOL

Kelly Oswalt said...

Yep, Murphy's Law has been in full swing for my life for almost 10 years now but it has finally ended. All of the loose ends have finally been tied together and life is good. Sure took long enough! But now, I can look back and laugh, sure couldn't while it was happening.